1914 Hwy 518 East
AP2, #2 Tim River
Follow directions to Park Office then continue on Highway 518 for 14.4 kilometres and turn right onto the Forestry Tower Road. Follow it and signs for 19 kilometres to the access point on the Tim River. Tim Lake, inside Algonquin Park, is 2 kilometres downstream (east). Latitude and longitude of Access Point: 45.740064°, -79.060106°
AP3, #3 Magnetawan Lake
Follow directions to Park Office then continue on Highway 518 for 14.4 kilometres to the Forestry Tower Road and follow it and signs for another 24.2 kilometres to the access point on the north-west shore of Magnetawan Lake. Latitude and longitude of Access Point: 45.668067°,-78.986728°
AP4, #4 Rain Lake
Follow directions to Park Office then continue on Main Street for 0.5 kilometre and turn left just past the LCBO (liquor) store. Follow this road (paved at first, then gravel) for 24.5 kilometres straight through to the Access Point at the western end of Rain Lake. Latitude and longitude of Access Point: 45.603500°, -78.952518°
Kearney Community Centre
8 Main Street, Box 269
Kearney ON, P0A 1M0
Latitude and longitude of Permit Office: 45.558058°,-79.227265°
#244 off Highway 11, follow Emsdale Rd for roughly 2km, turn east and
follow Highway 518 for 8 kilometres to the village of Kearney. Park permits and
information must be obtained at the Park Office in the Kearney
Community Centre located at the main intersection in the village.
Rules & Regulations
The Following is a list of major rules and regulations.
For a full list of rules and regulations please visit
1) You must have a permit to enter Algonquin Park
2) Cans and glass bottles are banned in the interior of the Park. There are a few minor exceptions (insect repellent in a spray can, etc.) but all recyclable or reusable glass bottles are banned.
3) Fire pits must NOT be moved
4) All garbage must be packed out.
5) Party size is limited to nine individuals on any interior campsite and camping is only permitted on designated camping sites.
6) Noise restrictions prohibit the use of chainsaws, radios and generators.
7) Firearms are prohibited
8) Boat motors are banned on most Algonquin lakes
9) Live vegetation (trees, plants, etc.) cannot be cut or damaged.
10)Fishing in Algonquin? You must have a valid Ontario fishing license. Available at Canoe Algonquin
Backcountry Camping Reservations